Friday, December 11, 2009

My Pretty Welcome Folder!

Well, I just got my official "welcome packet"!!! It's really really exciting! Yesterday was horrendous. That housing agency I was working with made me run around town to get all my paperwork together and fax it to them (it cost me $22!) only for them to email me saying "Unfortunately there are 4 or 5 other people ahead of you for this apartment". WHAT???? Why couldn't they tell me that BEFORE I went to get all my paperwork in? I was SO mad.

I went on VRBO, Craigslist and just about every agency site in Paris. I found one and inquired...it's available!!! I emailed her back this morning saying that I would like to rent it so please reserve it for me! Hopefully this one works out. It's in the 7e and a block from Le Tour Eiffel!! It's a 30 minute walk to school and 2 stops on the train if I take le metro. I'm really hoping this one works out, I'm OVER this housing situation.

Back to my welcome packet- it has my orientation day information, a map of Paris, a metro map, visa information (luckily I don't need one!), and other course information. There's a 4 day wine course that they are offering to students, if it fits in with my other classes, I'm IN. I'd love to learn about wine!

Here are some pictures of my beautiful folder, even the way they write my name and address (incorrectly) is prettier. I can't wait to get over there!




A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment