Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait?!

To be fair, I'm not really a 'planner'. I wait until the last minute to accomplish most things. My father and sisters are major planners, I'm usually the one that will say "It will all work out". While being homeless in Paris is much better off than being homeless anywhere else, it really freaked me out. Lauren said that I was screaming in my sleep the other night "I'm NEVER going to find one"...yikes.

Then my fairy godmother Nancy called. Nancy is a colleague of Lauren's at Sotheby's that has an apartment in Paris that she and her husband Michael are letting me rent while I'm there. Embarrassing as this is, I was jumping up and down screaming when she called saying I could rent it. They sent me pictures and I'm fairly certain that it's the most fabulous apartment that ever existed in Paris. The location is PERFECT (in the 7e) and I will be in a home. As Lauren said it "You will be yelled and screamed at all day, and burn your hands and cut your fingers, but at least you have a home to come home to!". I will be able to walk to school which is important considering the sheer amount of butter I plan on ingesting, and there's a woman who lives in the building that can help me if I get lost, or something tragic that is bound to happen to me.

Since I made the decision to come to Le Cordon Bleu, things have just seemed to fallen into place. I've been able to find someone to sublet my place in SF, I've now found a place in Paris, I've got my flights, I dropped off my car, I've gotten my insurance, and I'm ready to go! People have been saying that because things have fallen into place for me, that this journey was meant to be. I can finally say with my whole heart that it was meant to be.

Now all I have to do is email those several agencies and proudly say "Thanks but NO THANKS!" I have been so frustrated with them that I'm sure this will be a fun exercise for me.

Here is a picture of the view out of my new Parisian apartment:


Joyeux Noel!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This is random but...I googled something about Le Cordon Bleu apartments and your blog came up. Turns out, I'm in the same boat you were just in! I'm coming to start the basic cuisine program in January and am...much to my chagrin...still searching for an apartment. Lucky you to have found such a place! I'll see in class then!
    Melissa

    oh yeah, and they had me re-send my uniform size too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I didn't realize that my blog was searchable. I have been using a woman named Daphne Siney at www.parisrental.com before I got my place. A friend of mine used her to get an apt in the 16th and she was really great. It's such a pain, but I'm sure it will all work out.

    See you on the 5th!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete