Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bienvenue sur Le Cordon Bleu Paris!!

I got the email...it's official! I'm going to Paris!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited and VERY freaked out. I had such a great time in Buffalo for Thanksgiving and everyone I talked to was so excited and supportive. Sarah Mitchell who did the basic program in London got me SUPER excited about the program itself, she thinks I'm going to love it...FEW!

Now begins the stress: Telling my landlord, trying to sublet, finding an apt. in Paris, breaking in my kitchen shoes, buying enough wife beaters to wear under my chef's coat...and the list goes on!

I'm so happy that people have been giving me names of people that live in Paris- I'm contacting everyone I possibly can to have friends there. A friend from Buffalo Zuzu is there and will be starting the intermediate course when I start basic. She's been SO helpful so far and we're emailing about different housing agencies that she found helpful. She's also telling me which neighborhoods I want to live in, what to wear under my jacket, telling me that LCB has an infinite supply of hair nets, and that the knife kit is as cool as I think it will be.

I sent in all my information and tuition (YIKES) yesterday and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my uniform(s) and knife kit. Here is a picture of Mom measuring my head for my Chef's hat (22.5 inches!)...don't worry I will put the whole getup on when I receive it.



I spent the morning emailing housing agencies...I'm interested to see what kind of furnished studios they can come up with. I'll keep you all posted!

A Bientot

1 comment: