Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One thing that I'm NOT.

I am many things. I am messy, at times disorganized...one thing I am NOT is irresponsible. This statement might now have to be changed given the events of this morning. I got up, got packed and showered and ready for Brussels. I had my train ticket, my camera, my book on Europe- all I needed was my passport.

I haven't taken my passport out of my house since BEFORE I left for Avignon over a month ago. There hasn't been anyone in my apartment besides Lauren Zimmer, Anthony and my family. It's GONE. I always kept it on the desk downstairs and I went to get it...nothing. I woke up my parents and Lauren at 3am their time asking them if they remember seeing it or moving it. They all saw it, but never moved it.

I tore all of my belongings apart- every purse, pocket, bag, drawer, tabletop surface...everything. It's not here. Meanwhile, poor Anthony is on the train ALONE to Brussels. Not only am I so upset that my passport is gone- I know that is replaceable; I'm more upset to have left Anthony in a tough spot. I'm off to the Embassy to get a new one- full well knowing that the MINUTE I replace it, it will reappear.

I feel like a giant moron. This is so unlike me and I'm just so disappointed in myself. Where the heck could it be?

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment