Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's been 3 weeks already?

Today marks 3 weeks since I arrived in Paris. I can't believe how quickly it's flown by!

I went to Le Marais today (as I do every Sunday because it's hoppin!) and per Mari Jimenez's suggestion I went with Zu and Chandra who is visiting to this Falafel place. We got a number and had to wait for about 25 minutes before entering this very small place called L'as Du Fallafel.




It was complete mayhem outside. There was another falafel place right across the street (but in Le Marais the streets are so narrow that it's more like a sidewalk) but everyone was waiting to get where we were going.

By the time we sat down, I was low blood sugs like you couldn't imagine. I hadn't eaten all day and it was 3:45pm. I ordered a falafel sandwich, Zu ordered a shawerma sandwich and Chandra ordered the falafel plate. Also per Mari's suggestion I ordered an Israeli beer.

Our food came and we didn't speak until it was done. It was hands down the best falafel I'd every had. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!



I licked my plate clean...



and we walked around Le Marais for a little while before stopping in for une verre du vin at the neatest cafe I've been to yet. Reggae music was blaring, it was such a cool scene and the waiters were so happy and jovial. It makes SUCH a difference with the people inside the cafe or restaurant seem happy- it's much more welcoming than getting the ever-popular French stink eye. We had a great glass of wine and hopped on the metro home. I had to stop and buy some essentials over there because everything is closed in the 7th. ZuZu thought it was really funny that I bought toilet paper really far from my house...so she took a picture of me with it...



On the metro I met an interior designer from San Francisco- who's going to help put me in touch with people when I get back, lucky me!

After I finish ironing my uniform, I'm going with some kids from my class to watch the NFL games at the moose...should be fun!

I can't believe I've been here 3 weeks...here's to a great 9 more!

A Bientot

2 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    Loving your blog. Avignon is spectacular - but did you stop into one of the pâtisseries for some pastery? Delish with coffee or wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that I got a shout out on the blog! And I love that you are going back.. Totally take Lauren when she comes to visit. I feel like I need to plan a trip to Paris just to go! xoxo

    ReplyDelete