Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I love Paris in the Springtime

I'm a bad blogger. I've had about 75 blog drafts done, but haven't pulled the trigger. Many apologies, I know my sisters get upset when I don't update!

Things in Paris are unreal (still). It's hard to imagine what life would be like if I weren't here doing this right now. My friends and I have been talking about what happens when we're done here- like will calling Anthony be my first order of business everyday? Will I ever ride a bike in a line with all my friends again? Will I ache missing being in the kitchens at LCB all day? Sometimes I find myself getting very emotional about when this is all over. These people and this school I've been in have been so amazing that I can't imagine life after LCB. So let's put that out of our minds for now.

Since I was stranded in Paris and couldn't meet Mom in Spain, I somehow managed to live through the weekend and had a great time with her when she passed through Paris. We walked around, had a picnic in the Champ de Mars, had high tea at Mariage Freres, just had fun. I have since recovered from the burns, but not without a bruised ego. Chef Caals, among others have taken to calling me 'main au feu' (hand of fire) and are sure to mention that you shouldn't burn yourself at this point.

After having very low confidence, I'm feeling like I did at the end of basic, like I'm in my groove and doing well. The last 4 practicals I've killed it and am really looking forward to kicking ass the rest of intermediate. I'm so thankful that I've hit my stride again, nothing is worse than low confidence when you're in culinary school!

I leave you with a promise to be better about blogging and a before and after shot of my work today. (warning: sort of graphic picture of a skinned rabbit)

A bientot!



1 comment: